100 g light flour
40 g almond powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
90 g unsalted butter
95 g granulated sugar
1/2 of a lemon with the zest scraped off
A pinch of salt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
25 ml water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Cointreau
3/4 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup powdered sugar
(1) Sift together the flour, almond powder and baking powder.
2) use room temperature unsalted butter
(3) Bring the eggs to room temperature.
(4) Make the lemon syrup.
Put the lemon juice, water and sugar into a saucepan over medium heat and bring to the boil, then turn off the heat, add the Cointreau and leave to cool.
(5) Line a pound cake mould with a baking sheet.
<How to make.
1. make the lemon pound cake.
Place the unsalted butter from preparation 2) in a bowl, add the granulated sugar and mix well with a whisk. 2.
2. Beat the beaten eggs and add them to the mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
3. Add the grated lemon zest and salt.
4. Transfer the mixture to a spatula.
Add the flour mixture from Preparation 1 in two or three batches and mix until powdery.
5. Pour the mixture into a pound cake mould and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 35 minutes. After baking, remove from the moulds and brush generously with the lemon syrup from preparation 4.
6. When cool, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 days.