700 g cherries
250 g sponge cake
60 g sugar
3 egg yolks
30 cl cold full cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
50 cl milk
2 tbsp. crème de cassis
150 g redcurrant jelly
2 tbsp. cornflour
50 g dark dessert chocolate
1. Whisk the yolks with the sugar, vanilla and cornstarch in a saucepan. Pour in the milk little by little and cook over a medium heat without stopping to whisk.
2. When the custard thickens and bubbles, remove from heat.
Transfer to a bowl and leave to cool, before placing in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
3. Keep a few whole cherries for decoration.
Remove the stones from the others and reserve the juice.
4. In a saucepan over low heat, mix the cherry juice with the crème de cassis and redcurrant jelly until you have a smooth syrup. Leave to cool.
5. Break the biscuits in half and place them in layers in the bottom of a large, preferably transparent serving dish.
Drizzle the syrup over them. Arrange the pitted cherries evenly on top.
Set aside in the refrigerator.
6. Whip the cold cream with an electric mixer.
Whip the custard and gently fold in half the whipped cream with a spatula then pour this mixture over the cherry mixture.
7. Finish by decorating with the whipped cream with a spoon or a piping bag.
Grate the chocolate and sprinkle it over the top of the trifle.
Decorate with your reserved whole cherries.
Serve immediately .