250 g flour
50 g butter (ideally semi-salted) softened
15 cl of milk
1 sachet of yeast
20 g of powdered sugar
A small pinch of salt (if you use soft butter)
1. First, preheat your oven to 210 °C.
2. Then, in a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and butter until the mixture is sandy and looks like breadcrumbs. To do this, feel free to use your hands by rubbing the ingredients into your palms.
3. Now add the milk a little at a time, kneading lightly with your fingertips between each pour. Don’t knead too much so as not to weigh down the dough, as it might not rise when cooked.
4. Roll out the dough to a thickness of 3 cm on your floured work surface or between two sheets of baking paper. Cut out 5 to 6 cm circles with cookie cutters or a glass and place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch them as they bake, you’ll see, they puff up pretty quickly!
Enjoy the scones right out of the oven when they are warm! You can also freeze the rest and reheat them before eating.